- Remove all packaging and labels prior to burning a candle.
- Ensure wick is trimmed to 1/4” before each lighting.
- The charm of a candle is the flame, but IT IS AN OPEN FLAME, therefore, our Golden Rule: NEVER LEAVE A BURNING CANDLE UNATTENDED.
- Always keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Never burn a candle directly under a flammable material and keep other materials such as discarded match sticks out of the candle.
- Ensure that the candle fits snugly into the holder and that the holder is on a solid and even surface. There are inexpensive accessories such as Candle Stik which ensure a tight fit.
- Once a candle has burned down, extinguish the flame before it comes in contact with its holder or a candle ring.
- When using jars, votives or tealites, be sure that the candle holder is placed on a surface that will not mark, as even thick glass will become very hot as the candle burns.
- A tealite can only be burned in an open top or well ventilated container.
- Please follow all applicable burning instructions for each type of candle as detailed above. Additional instructions for certain products can be found on the box or individual candles at your local retailer.
Dripless: Our candles are dripless under normal burning conditions. It is misleading to say that a candle is totally dripless. If there is a draft or the room is very hot any candle will drip. Candles burn best in still air. Keep them away from drafts, fans and open windows. If air movement is unavoidable, shelter the candle in a glass or hurricane shade.
Smokeless: Concord Candle produces candles that are smokeless under controlled conditions – no drafts, room temperature of about 21°C (70°F) and a wick trimmed to 1/4”. In fact, burning our candles according to the instructions will actually help to clear any existing smoke haze.
Burning: Relighting is easier than lighting. A candle should be burned for a few minutes before guests arrive. They will then relight quickly. While some candles can be burned until they are fully consumed, please read the instruction labels on jars and pillars for minimum and/or maximum burn lengths.
Scented Candles: All scented Concord Candles are poured, meaning that the fragrance level is full strength all the way through the candle. Some pressed candles are only scented in the overdip wax, so they have a low level of fragrance overall. With our scented product, the high level of fragrance will be evident when the candle is burned.
Appearance: Concord Candle makes solid colour candles. This is an expensive feature, but adds a depth to the colour and makes small dents and chips almost unnoticeable. Candles which are marked can be gently polished with a nylon stocking.
Spills: Let spilled wax solidify so that it can be removed in pieces. To remove traces in fabric, cover with paper towel (ideally the brown kraft paper variety) and press out using a warm iron. For a spill on wood you first need to gentle remove the hardened wax and then traces can be removed by rubbing with a cloth and liquid furniture polish. To remove wax from harder materials such as a candle holder, warm the wax with a hair dryer and wipe off with a paper towel.
We recommend that you seek professional cleaning advice for any item that is delicate or valuable.
Dinner Candles: Tapers, Columns, Punch candles and our other forms of dinner candles need to be burned while in a secure holder on a solid and even surface. Holder sizes are subject to many variances, so candles that are too large at the base should be gently shaved, while candles that are too small can be adhered with products such as our Candle Stik
Votives: Concord Candle Scenters and Votives are meant to liquefy and must be burned in a snug holder. Add a 1/4 teaspoon of water to the bottom of the holder before lighting the votive to make it easier to clean out residue.
Pillars: All of our pillar candles are poured, meaning that they are more solid than pressed versions and will burn longer and more consistently. Pillars should generally be burned long enough to get close to the edges, but for a maximum of 4 hours. Please look for our instruction label on the bottom of each pillar we make.
Jars: For even burning, burn at least until the entire top surface liquefies. Should the edge of the jar blacken, extinguish the flame and trim your wick to 1/4”. After the jar cools, you may then clean the blackened edge with a damp paper towel.
CONCORD CANDLE SELLS ON A WHOLESALE BASIS TO RETAILERS AND DISTRIBUTORS